Tuesday 29 May 2012

Grannie's Sun Tea


When I was little, if the sun was out on a summer day, Grannie would make sun tea. She would take a glass jar, fill it with tea bags, water, honey, and a handful of mint from the garden, and put it outside all morning.

I'm not sure why, but I found it fascinating. I couldn't wait to drink it.

Directions: 1) Get a pitcher-sized glass container (preferably with a lid); 2) Add 5 or 6 tea bags (I used Yorkshire Gold, black tea), 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey (depending on how sweet you like it), and a handful of fresh mint leaves; 3) Fill it up with cool water; 4) Leave it in the sun.

When it gets as dark as you like it, give it a shake to mix in the honey, pull out the tea bags, and refrigerate (or add ice and drink immediately, like me!).

Make some. It's such a satisfying summer ritual.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment